Corvelia Launches Canadian Corporate Healthcare Product
01 Mar 2019
In the first quarter of 2019 Corvelia launched it's new Medical Professional Liability Insurance product designed specifically for private corporate healthcare providers in Canada.
Our policy protects the interests of the company itself and is targeted at a variety of healthcare providers ranging from small medical centres to established private clinics and hospitals specialising in various diagnostic disciplines. The Corvelia product has been developed to differentiate us in the local Canadian market place and additionally caters for the harder to write areas of medical indemnity such as elective cosmetic centres, pregnancy scanning risks and the growing digital healthcare sector.
Our policy has been built to protect healthcare providers against the increasing variety of medical malpractice actions and has the added flexibility to include cover for contracting practitioners where CMPA indemnity or other such personal protections do not exist. The Corvelia product provides contract certain medical indemnity insurance without the barriers to entry that exist when entities are being considered for discretionary CMPA protection. The core coverage areas of our specialist product are as follows:-
- Medical malpractice (clinical negligence/breach of professional duty)
- Defence cost of regulatory, disciplinary or criminal proceedings/investigations
- Patient recall costs cover
- Breach of data protection
- Infringement fo copyright
- Libel & slander
- Sexual harassment/abuse
- Ability to quote without an excess for legal defence costs & expenses
- Local specialist claims handling (Maxwell Claims Service Inc.)
- Legal advice line managed by Dolden Wallace Folick LLP
- Lloyd's of London Security
With the healthcare sector being an ever-changing sphere of emerging risks it is vital that Corvelia can offer flexible underwriting solutions to our Canadian policyholders with exciting new products such as this. For more information please contact a member of our underwriting team at email@example.com.